Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Update on the Canning Sessions at my house

I mentioned canning pickles the other day and after only 1 week- our pickles looked so great that we caved and opened a jar. They are incredible!!! If I can say so myself! They were good at room temperature, put them in the frig overnight and that jar of pickle spears were gone in a couple of minutes.

We canned 12 more jars tonight and at the rate the girls ate them- I need to can a ton more to get us through the year until the next harvest.

You can always get great deals on pickles with CouponMom and the stores' sales plus coupons but there's always something special about creating your own and realizing they could compete if not better with store bought.

Allrecipes.com generated a great tried and true recipe, I learned the tricks of the trade to keep them crisp and I'm Super Mom to two little girls that devoured a jar with their Dad in minutes!
And made them for next to nothing!

I've had a couple of people email that they are intimidated by canning- it's not hard and if you want help- shoot me an email and I'll walk you through it!

No comments: