Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

It's that time of the year...Saving on Back to School Supplies!

I'm a planner and definitely like to stay ahead and get ready for school. However, be patient and wait for the pricing war between the Office Supply stores, Walmart, Target and the drug stores. In the upcoming weeks- there will be awesome prices on supplies so wait and stock up when the prices are at their best!

Another hint- I ran into Ross the other day and noticed an entire wall of backpacks. All types, colors, trends, characters etc. This is the time to buy at a great price at one of the discount chains.

The Office Supply stores will start offering penny items, 10 cent items each week with limits. However, if you have several in your area or when you are out and about- you can stop by real quick and take advantage of that particular item each week to stock up for the school year.

For example, there will be one week that Office Depot will offer 10 cent packs of Crayola Crayons 24 count. They will limit anywhere from 5-10 but like I said, with a couple of visits- you can stock up for the entire school year!

Hint- with the limits- sign up with the office chains if you are a teacher. Staples has a program and you can buy more than the limit with the card they will give you. They will also honor the program if you are a preschool teacher or home school.

The other great deal is Walmart will fight hard to keep up with the specials the other stores are offering. They will bottom line their supplies with no limits.

I stock up on mechanical pencils, glue sticks, crayons, folders, binders, paper, pens etc. Plan for the entire school year, just not what you need to start the year. I also try to get enough that I can take my new teacher a goody bag of supplies at Meet and Greet. Teachers spend so much of their own money to prepare their classrooms so any contributions you can make will be very appreciated!

Also, take advantage of these deals for your church, MOPs, Scouts etc. These are great deals, you're not taking advantage of the system and when your child comes to you at 8pm and says they need paper- no big deal!

I'll highlight the deals I like each week.
Happy Back to School Shopping!

1 comment:

New2Qs said...

You can't imagine how much teachers appreciate these donations! With recent budget cuts, the items schools normally supply classrooms will be cut this year. I was a substitute teacher and teacher's assistant for more than five years. It's amazing how much of my paycheck went to supplies needed for the classroom. I chose to spend the money because I love the children, and I wanted them to succeed with enriched learning experiences. Teachers hate to continually ask parents for donations. Any supplies you can donate will be received with much appreciation.