Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Review- International Farmers Market

I mentioned earlier about shopping at these markets and today we went as a family. What a neat experience and the girls had a blast. They were intrigued by the out of the ordinary items like live catfish, cow's tongue and a leg of lamb! Madi commented that the leg of lamb was "huge and she thought lambs were little!" Made us laugh. She also had a blast acting like she could read Chinese by covering up the English "subtitle" on the package and challenging Mike to tell her what an item was.

We went to the Cobb market today and got some great deals!! 2 pounds of cherries for $1.98 and they are $1.99/lb at the grocery store and Sam's Club. Great deals on citrus, seafood and veggies.

We got a pound of fresh shrimp tonight and they tasted like we were at the beach. They were $5.99/lb or you could get head on for $2.99/lb. If you aren't afraid of cutting the heads off- what a great deal!! We also got scallops that were priced incredible and had a awesome dinner tonight.

One of the best things I found was fresh pork that isn't injected with "enhancements" like you find in the grocery stores now. Great prices and we just cooked a Boston Butt for tomorrow and it rocks!

The only thing I noticed was some of the meats are from Mexico. It's labeled clearly and I do think I would like to stick with the USA meats just to be on the safe side.

It was a fun visit, great prices on great products and we had fun walking the aisles and looking at all the products from all over the world.

No comments: