Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Living Smart 101: A little time saves A LOT of Money Part II

Here's my second story about how just taking a little time and effort can help you save even more money! Can't guarantee it will work every time but if you have a few minutes, it's worth the effort. I find it pays off somehow, some way in the end. I'll explain once I tell you what happened today.

Madi had a birthday party in Canton. I had my Publix trips to finish so the 3 of us went to the shopping center that Publix is located in. There is also a Ross (like TJ Maxx if you don't have Ross) and Belk Department Store (popular in the South).

The Belk at North Pointe Mall is closing and everything is marked down with an additional 80% off final price. Mike's parents scored some great deals but this mall is a good distance from Canton so I was trying to decide when I should go check it out. Definitely couldn't do the trip right then and leave Madi in Canton in case something happened. We checked out Ross- didn't see that great of deals so we checked out Belk. They aren't closing but their clearance was HUGE with an additional 40% off. I found several great deals but it hit me- 40% before Labor Day? They had a lot of inventory to move so what was my rush? I did find a really nice pair of khaki shorts and I got those. Normally, $40 for $9.00.

Speeding things up- on the way home- we were passing our local Goodwill. It's very nice- I know that opinion can vary by location but we like ours. So we stop and not only did I get a pair of Macy's brand khaki shorts but a NY&Co. pair of black pants. BOTH NEW WITH 1 with TAGS!! Shorts were $1.95 and pants were $4.89.

My point is- I took a little bit of time, thought outside of the box and I maximized my savings. I still like the shorts I got at Belk- Mike goes right by the location closing so he knows what I'm looking for and hoping he can find the 80% savings. Yes, I have a wonderful husband but I know he wants to go look for him too!

Taking a little time, not impulse shopping and being patient will always pay off in the end!!

No comments: