Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Another bonus for using Restaurant.com

Still at the beach and I mentioned earlier that I bought Restaurant.com gift certificates for 2 local restaurants here in Destin. One was the infamous Gravel Road restaurant that has been featured in Southern Living for their grouper sandwich. The other was a place called Bluz and we tried it tonight.

We normally have one night that we take a break from seafood and do something different. Bluz was excellent and we really enjoyed our meal. Everyone ate every last bite of what we ordered and the girls ate like linebackers.

The bonus I mentioned? I would have never noticed this restaurant or even thought about trying it if it wasn't for Restaurant.com. I love the feature that you can view the menu before you buy and we had a large, wonderful Bluz Special pizza and a hot antipasto platter for 2 for a grand total of $23.00 including a 20% tip! The platter had good sized appetizer portions of calamari, homemade ravioli, cheese dipping sauce, marinara sauce, spinach-artichoke-crap Florentine Dip, Bruschetta, chicken tenders and their bread. We all ate like kings and it was so good. The Bluz Special Pizza was pepperoni, sausage, green pepper, onion and fresh basil. Awesome!!

Bluz looked like a fun place also- karaoke was tonight and they clearly have an after dinner appeal. One of the things I love about Restaurant.com is their target clients are good, authentic restaurants that aren't chains (most of the time or if they are- good chains) that offer great food.

And- if you haven't climbed on board with Restaurant.com or wonder if restaurants would give you an attitude or you're embarrassed to use one- don't be! We had just sat down, gave her our printout and 3 minutes later- 2 women came in with their printout in hand! The chef came out and talked with us. We had just told our waitress how much we enjoyed the food and how we would have never gone there without the gift certificate. He said he has had more business at night and lunch since he started using the program and how happy he had been with it.

Restaurant.com found us a great restaurant that will become part of our vacation traditions when we come to Destin.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thought you might like to come to the FREE Online Open House TODAY at SavingsAngel.com. See how thousands of families are saving more time and money grocery shopping.