Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Coupon 101: Rolling ECBs at CVS!

It's been a long time since a teaching post so I thought I would share my successes after a HUGE dry spell at CVS this week. I haven't rolled ECBs or really bought anything at CVS in months. But if you read about the deal I did on the Aveeno Ageless Vitality deal- you know I had a $10 ECB from last night to roll on the deal I did today.

To get started, check out this week's list for CVS at www.couponmom.com. Sort the list by the last column on the right which is Percentage Saved by clicking on the upside down triangle next to the column title. This will sort your list but 100% saved and down. Click on the deals you want to do then print your list. Gather the coordinating coupons and cut from the inserts. Now, check which deals will generate ECBs and figure out how to group your deals into different shops so you can get an ECB then use it on your next shop which you are doing all at the same time. Sound confusing? It's easier to explain by showing what I did today.

I started with a $10 ECB from the Aveeno deal I did last night.

Shop #1:
1 Phillips Ear Buds- Sale Price: $6.99 Generated a $6.99 ECB so FREE (Sun-Tues only)
1 100 count Nature Made Flaxseed Oil. Sale Price: $7.99 Got a $4.00 ECB and I used a $2.00 coupon
Total Price Paid- $13.88 and I got $10.99 in ECBs.

Shop #2:
Deal- Spend $30 on select P&G products and get a free Flu Shot ($30 value)
2 Crest Extra Whitening Toothpastes
8 Dawn Dishwashing Detergents
1 Bounty Basic 8 roll paper towels
2 Charmin 12 pack toilet paper rolls
Used $6.00 in manufacturer coupons (matched from my list on www.couponmom.com)
Rolled a $10 ECB, $6.99 ECB and the $4 ECB
Total Price Paid- $6.03 and I qualified for the free flu shot

So total out of pocket today: $16.71 I purchased 15 items and saved $46.37.
And as you can see- these are all items that we need and will use!
Best part too is $16.71 out of pocket is less than my $20 co-pay that I would spend to go to my doctor to get the flu shot or pay $25 at a pharmacy.

Who thought I'd ever get so excited about a shot! You do when it's free!

1 comment:

Prohomemaker.Com said...

Good point about the co-pay. I'm lucky 'cause they hold clinics across the street at the church for $10, so that's when I get shot. But nothing like snagging deals at the same time.