Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Living Smart 101: Being Prepared

Wow! Haven't done one of these posts in awhile. If you are in the South then you are experiencing the mayhem of a major snow/ice storm with me. We've been blown away how fast the snow is coming down and it's unlike anything we've seen growing up here in Atlanta!

Unfortunately, the pretty snow will turn to sleet and ice making this Winter Wonderland a potential nightmare for the next couple of days. Ice increases our chances for power outages and some cold bunkering down at home with no electricity or heat! We were warned with plenty of time about this storm moving in and encouraged to prepare for the worse.

Have you ever heard anyone complain that getting lists and coupons ready just takes too much time? Well, using coupons and having a stockpile actually SAVED me time and gave me plenty of options should the worse happen and we lose power! I had plenty of options for snacks and meals. I had batteries for flashlights and we're stocked on cold medicine, first aid and household products that if we had to ride this storm out a little longer than expected- we could do it easy!

I spent the day baking goodies to enjoy, we made potato and egg salad to go along with the deli and flat bread deals we got this week- we are comfortably set and prepared with plenty of options if we have to get creative.

Planning and preparation to use coupons, the deals and the lists each week may seem timely at first but with practice and consistently- that investment you make will prove worthy and critical for that rainy- oops I mean snowy/icy day!

And yes- we had to endure the grocery stores but already had the critical items so we could wait until they were less hectic and get the few items we needed. You can't live in the South with a snow forecast without getting your milk, bread and eggs! Take care and be safe everyone!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Prohomemaker.Com said...

Kudos to you. ... I always love when a cold hits here, 'cause I have a mini drugstore upstairs. :-)

P.S. Love how the banner goes all the way across now