Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Deals are Here- Put on your Poker Face

In other words- when to hold them and when to fold them.

The deals are going to be smoking mad the next 24 days. I'm almost giddy with excitement.
Why? Because this is where the game gets fun and you play the system. But to play- here are some ground rules.

1. Don't gamble on that perfect or must have gift.
Get it at what you think is a good price. Create a file for receipts, resist the urge to go all Martha Stewart and wrap. Then watch that item each week with all the ongoing sales. If you find cheaper at another store, buy the new one 1st then return the original. (don't do in the other direction in case you can't find it) If it's at the same store, take the item, the sale ad or promotion, the receipt and get them to price adjust. My point here is to not risk something that is really important that you want to watch someone open or see under the tree on Christmas morning. I'd rather have one on hand then risk and fall short. If I can save more money- great.
2. I will say it again- do not remove tags, save receipts and do not wrap. Trust me- this is hard and I'm resisting the urge big time but if I can save a buck or two on each gift with a little effort- I can wrap last minute. Saving money to me this year is the ultimate goal versus posting/bragging on Facebook or Twitter that "I'm done with my wrapping." I'd rather have a few bucks in my wallet than a few "likes" in my status. LOL
3. Pay super close attention to the ads, the mailers and the emails. I have a gift in mind for a relative and was all set to go out Monday and grab to mark it off my list. Then I read the fine print on a promotion and realized it wasn't good until the 3rd. Then I started really paying attention and the toy I wanted to buy was 40% until today, 50% off until the 3rd and then 60% off for the weekend. Take advantage of the 60% plus an additional 15% and then a free $10 off anything card and you are talking a huge saving by buying on Thursday onwards versus this past Monday.

Just do research, pay attention to everything you are getting media wise and be willing to do some matching/returning to maximize the savings. Your wallet, your sanity, your stress level and your forecast for 2010 will thank you when the next crazy 31 days are over and life goes back to what some call "normal." For many it becomes- "Oh No- What Have I Done and How Will I Pay For It At 23% APR?"

1 comment:

Prohomemaker.Com said...

Great tips. I've done most of my (nearly all adult) shopping online with all the great photo specials. Did snag some 300 thread count sheets on Overstock on Black Friday for $22 (free shipping), and that was good enough to just order it then (when I knew Art needed 'em).

Your post had some very good, not often heard suggestions