Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Living Smart 101: Make and Take Notes!

Whether or not you've ever had any project management experience- I treat holidays and big events like I am one. I make my proposal (and this can be on paper, saved on the computer or in my head), do my "flow chart" run through (if this happens then this will happen or won't happen or someone will want this etc.) and then execute. And I've found being on Facebook that a lot of people think like I do. I was pleasantly surprised to find out I have friends that actually have Excel spreadsheets for Christmas like me. I've been making them since the mid-1990s. Keeps track of spending, what I give people and my savings.

One thing I have recently started doing is a follow up report. What is that? A quick Word document or notes in a notebook that summarize the event/holiday or "I've hidden this here" or "Next year I need this before I begin." This way when I start to plan another Birthday party or a dinner party and it's been awhile since the last one- I can read real quick and remember that dessert wasn't the success I thought it was or the kids LOVED the snow cones vs. birthday cake. Some notes are obvious but others like "the red carpet for the movie party kept blowing in the wind and the kids would trip" seems like it would be memorable but a year goes by, you get rushed and you might not remember until it happens again.

I'm getting older, my girls are getting busier, our lives are getting crazier and I'm not as sharp on the details as I used to be. Making a quick little report of what went well, what didn't work and what you need to do/add/get/change next year will take away a little stress, eliminate repeats and make you much more organized. And by having notes on what you need- you can check often and take advantage of deals because they are fresh on your mind!

And I promise- that last section where you note that you thought it would be a genius idea to put this particular thing "here" then and now can't remember "where??"- you will appreciate these little follow up notes. And I keep these notes just not for my house but for events for PTA and church. So that next year- I can help plan and remind others about those little bumps in the road that we experienced or what really stood out as a hit but forgot in a year passing.

No comments: