Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Saturday, January 2, 2010

HOT HOT HOT! Get your papers tomorrow- LOTS OF COUPONS!!

There will be tons of coupons and more inserts than usual in this Sunday's newspaper.
I have a review I plan to post this weekend about how to get started and you can go to Coupon 101 and start reading from the first post to learn how to get started if you can't wait!

Buy 2 double papers tomorrow and do that every week and by 12 weeks- your pantry will be stocked to the hilt! You'll be saving at bare minimal- 40% a week and I'm shooting way low with that number.

If you are an old pro at this by now- you are excited about the lists coming out and all the coupons- January is gold for deals and coupons. If you fell off the coupon wagon sometime last year and wanting to get back on or a newbie ready to take on the coupon world- take baby steps, ask questions if you have them and I'll walk you through it.

Some think that those weekly inserts only help for the next couple of weeks but in about 5 weeks when you need that coupon to get dishwasher tablets for 24 cents and you didn't get papers... you are going to be mad!

Memorize: "I must get papers tomorrow, I must get papers tomorrow."

Note: Some ask why I say 2 doubles. For a family of four- I think that stockpiles our household so we can stay true to the 12 cycle and get items at their lowest sale price with a coupon on top of that. A couple- 2 copies would work great. Tomorrow- I'm going for 3 doubles.

2 comments:

Prohomemaker.Com said...

I've had debates on going to two papers for coupons, and your post helped me decide I was still on the right track.

It comes down to that we are two people, and I would say 80-90 percent of the time, I never need to buy anything at full price or even near and am usually spot on to hitting the 12 week cycles.

I did have to break down this past week and buy toilet paper on sale with a measly 25 cent coupon, but I had coupons and Rite Aid rebates for everything else, so it was like I paid the sale price on the TP, and got the 6 other items free (toothpaste, mouthwash, shaving cream etc).

BTW I have heard the 99 cent stores have the Sunday paper for half price on Mondays. Might be worth checking out.

Loran said...

I used to buy 5-10 copies (household of 7-9) from a vendor at a streetcorner selling the for a dollar a piece, but they just vanished about two months ago, and remembering to buy the paper has become troublesome, as I HATE going shopping on Sunday. I will be exploring this 99 cent store theory - please let me know of any information you find! loranstefani@yahoo.com