Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Living Smart 101: Organization= Saving $$

It's easy to say and hard to do when life is hectic and moving at the speed of lightning, but when you are organized and plan ahead- you save money (and your sanity) in the process.

For example, I made a box of Krusteaux blueberry pancakes this morning. I laid the pancakes after they cooled on cookie sheets and froze. Then I placed 4 in a bag and in total have 8 breakfasts made! Now I can just pop a bag in the microwave and have breakfast ready for the girls in minutes! And considering the pancake mix costs right at .10 cents a box- you can't beat the couple of pennies it costs to have over a week's worth of breakfasts.

Another example is taking just a couple extra minutes when you sort and pre-treat your laundry. Carefully inspecting your clothes- especially the kids- and making sure the right laundry is grouped together can save a ton in the long run! Missing that one stain or not realizing a greasy dishrag got mixed in with the clothes can ruin a wardrobe very quickly! Taking the time to double check each load not only increases the wear of your garments but saves you money in the clothing budget!

When you are organized- it's easier to look for and find ways to save money. Taking the time to pre-plan meals, your week, trips, events etc. gives you time to get a game plan, stick to it and stick to your budget. Plus it allows you time to get creative and find different ways to save without affecting the end results.

The best bonus to being organized and diligent is what I mentioned early- stress and havoc is reduced and life becomes more simple. Won't last for long as we all know but when the next "crazy" hits your household- you can handle it, you are prepared and ready to tackle it head on!

4 comments:

Prohomemaker.Com said...

Great post -- and excellent advice.

If you don't mind me saying so, this is one of my favorite tips to make laundry easier:

http://prohomemaker.com/?p=53

Traci said...

Of course you can say so- I really meant to give you a plug- maybe tomorrow! ;)

Unknown said...

Hi there, just happened upon your blog! Great info!! You do your homework. I'll be looking back to see other great savings!

Traci said...

Thanks for checking in and I do alot of homework trying to make everything easier for everyone! Keep visiting and Thanks!!