Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Friday, February 5, 2010

Living Smart 101: Why Buy THAT??

When I teach how to save money, I'm often asked why I buy the things I do not need or use but are free or close to it.

The Answer is.... Why not?
I mean, it is free or not a lot out of pocket even if it does require a rebate that may come a month later.

The Bonus? You never know when you need an item like this one and guess what? YOU ALREADY HAVE IT and IT WAS FREE OR CLOSE TO IT!

Another benefit is it's fun to try new products and several freebies over the years have become staples in our household. And it saves time and hassle. I once had really dry skin on one of my arms and had medicated lotion that I got for free after rebate. It took care of it right away and not only saved me the time going to the store to get an ointment but also the potential time and trip to the dermatologist. I'm certainly not suggesting self-medicating or diagnosis but it can't hurt on simple ailments or hurts to try a product that's appropriate first.

And it's just plain fun. A Savings Sensation when you leave the store knowing you only paid pennies if anything at all for a cart full of items. And it's fun trying out new stuff!

So pay attention to the drugstore and grocery deals each week. If you are using Coupon Mom, go to the far right category, % Saved, and click on the upside down triangle to get the list to come up with 100% and down itemized. Take advantage of these deals and start stocking up on a variety of items for free or close to it!

1 comment:

Prohomemaker.Com said...

I also use these as "filler items." Last week, I bought shoe sole inserts and contact eye drops. Normally, I wouldn't, but I had a "save $5 off $25" coupon, and these brought me to $25, and they were free after the online rebates and coupons, so they helped me to use the $5 to get the rest of the items I wanted. *And* in the end, I will get paid 36 cents to buy $30 in merchandise -- and have shoe inserts, which surely will feel dang good (like the savings)