Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Living Smart and Coupon 101: Savings Sensation!

That's my new buzz word. I finally thought of a catch phrase that explains why the game of saving money and using coupons is so much fun.

What is the Savings Sensation?

1. The internal happy dance you want to do when the total drops at the check out line.
2. The thrill you get pulling into said checkout lane and you know how good the total percentage of savings and final $$ amount will be.
3. The anticipation of the shop and how many items you are going to buy for X amount of $$.
4. The smug look you give the cashier when they get excited about how much you saved. Smug look so you make it seem like this is no big deal but above happy dance is being contained.
5. The excitement you have when you know the Sunday paper is going to have extra inserts and your "master plan" to buy more Sunday doubles than usual.
6. The disappointment that while it is a holiday weekend, there will be no coupons in the Sunday paper.
7. Being resourceful and planning a week of meals based on the big score at the store that week like free healthy bread or cheese.
8. The "shoplift like" feeling you get when someone in front of you left Catalina coupons on the machine and you quickly swipe them like it's wrong or something.
9. When checking out- you purposely do not put your loyalty number in or swipe your card until the end or middle of the checkout so you can watch the total fall quickly!
10. Buying a product because it is free even though you have enough of it to last a long time. You can simply just not walk away from free or close to it!

I joke but if you are into this game of saving money- you know I am 100% right on all of the above. I had a new friend make an incredible comment on her Facebook page (Thanks Julie!) where someone said coupons were "too much work." Julie shot right back that it wasn't and you are paying yourself $100/hour to get the lists and coupons together each week. And she is 100% correct! You play this game smartly, master the different stores and lists- you couldn't make what you save each week at a part time job. And you will have more food and more items you need and use plus some that you get to try in the process.

And one thing I do promise- email me and I'll help you. I want to help, I want you to experience the Savings Sensation and I'm not out here making money on the blog- I'm here to help. I can walk you through the stores, if you have a question then probably one of the 100s that read each day have the same question or I can direct to an earlier post that will help!

No comments: