Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Cool Birthday Trick that is always a hit and cheap!

Madison's super cool but crazy Red Carpet Premiere Birthday Party ended a few hours ago and boy am I tired! We convert the garage into a disco/movie theater and the the kids love it!

This is the third year we've done this and it was a hit again tonight. We didn't have a cake! Instead... snow cones!! Madi actually blew her candle out on her snow cone and the kids loved them!

Think about a cake- they are expensive and how many plates of 1/2 eaten cake do you end up throwing away? You get a snow cone machine from the store, the syrups come in several flavors and you already have the ice. Cups and spoons you got deals on and you've spent about what you would on cake but have the snow cone supplies for the summer, special occasions and other birthday parties.

Walmart will clearance the syrups so I always stock up. The machine was a godsend during teething with both girls- just added a little baby juice when it was really bad. Trust me, you will use the machine a lot and it's also great for play dates and
the adults like them too!

The best thing about it is for the most part, kids with food allergies can have the snow cones over cake. I did learned tonight that our guests with celiac disease could have some flavors over others because of a food starch we found on the label. Just always double check with the parents! Every kid can have what everyone else is having and enjoy!

It's different, the kids love it and you're not wasting money on cake being thrown in the trash!

No comments: