Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Monday, March 8, 2010

Website Review: www.rickbayless.com

I know that it's easy for me to blog about copying recipes and making great food at home when some readers might be less adapt in the kitchen. It's really not as hard as it seems when you find good recipes and follow them to the letter.

This is an incredible recipe with so many uses. It's called Mojo de Ajo or Rick Bayless calls it "Liquid Gold." It's slow roasted garlic in olive oil with salt and lime juice. SO easy to follow and you will not believe how incredible your kitchen will smell! I put the finished puree in canning jars and refrigerate but any airtight container will do.

Here are some uses:
Warm up a couple of teaspoons in the microwave and serve with toasted bread to dip.
My favorite and such a simple appetizer.

Heat up and brush on bread to make incredible garlic bread.

Use to "oil" your pan when searing or cooking any type of meat.

Saute vegetables in it! We've been doing collard greens and they are the bomb!

In case you don't know- Rick Bayless is a famous chef that specializes in Mexican cuisine. We're headed to Chicago next month where he is based and I hope to visit one of his restaurants when we are there.

You can find this recipe and other great ones at www.rickbayless.com

No comments: