Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Living Smart 101: Use Your Shopping Sixth Sense

My daughter's birthday is next week and we're doing a fun Red Carpet Premiere Party here at the house. It's the 3rd Annual and we try to add a new element to make it fun for the kids that have been invited before. My daughter decided this year to add a dance party to the night so I was in search of a disco ball.

I checked CraigsList, Google, Buy.com and found that Oriental Trading had one for $39.99 and had great reviews. I did that weeks ago but didn't buy it. At the time, I couldn't put my finger on it but now I can- "My Shopping Sixth Sense" kicked in and it just didn't feel right. I kept trying to find new resources and finally Monday afternoon- declared the deal I found was the best at Oriental Trading. I put it in my shopping cart, I entered my codes that I found and was ready to hit "Confirm Order." But... I couldn't!

Here's the lowdown on what happened. I had a 20% off a purchase at OT and again the ball was $39.99. Shipping was okay but could only "estimate" an arrival of 3/18 which is pushing it with a party on the 19th. To guarantee an arrival in time would be $16.99 in shipping which wasn't going to happen. So I brainstormed and remembered a quirky little shop in the mall- Spencer's Gifts. I called and found a multi-colored self contained lighted ball for $19.99!! She's super excited, it's better for what we will use it for and I didn't spend a lot of money.

My Shopping Sixth Sense was right! So,trust your instincts and don't necessarily jump at the first deal you find. When saving money becomes a focus and a habit- you'll know when to snag a deal and when to keep doing research. It really does become a sixth sense!

No comments: