Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Friday, March 12, 2010

Living Smart 101: Keeping events in mind when making your weekly lists.

When creating your shopping lists each week online, always keep upcoming events, holidays and birthdays in mind. Even down the road, take advantage of deals now on items you will need for the event.

I was working on my daughter's party this afternoon and making a list of things we need to buy this weekend. List is pretty short because I had a lot the essentials already here because I took advantage of Free or close to it weeks and even months ago.

I have all the paper goods I need and I saved the leftover themed napkins from last year so we are all set. I have the condiments for the hot dogs. Movie theater food will be served and the hot dogs are in the freezer from a deal about a month ago. I have most of the ingredients I need to make the nachos. I'm really pretty set because I did keep the party in mind.

Just plan ahead and you don't have to be item specific. You can also create your menu for an event based on what's on sale. Either way, you can really have a great time, fun and keeping your budget in check!

No comments: