Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Monday, May 25, 2009

New policies at Publix

Things are changing and it's no big deal- just a different mindset on how to score the great deals at Publix now.

We have a limit now on the items on sale this past week. The limit this week was 6 and it was enforced at 4 area stores near our house. No big deal... we can do multiple shops since we do have so many stores so close. However, I know that this new limit has not been enforced in Cobb County.

My best advice- do what they want, stay under the radar and make sure your coupons don't total over $50 in one visit. If a cashier gives you a hard time- ask for a manager. The cashiers are obviously under the gun to make sure you have as many items as you have coupons. Stay organized, make sure you are legit and you will be fine. It will seem like forever to verify your number of items, your coupons and scanning them all in! It is not as long as it seems and forget about the people behind you. I've said it time and time again- they don't pay your bills and they can wait a couple of minutes for you to save a ton of money!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Thanks for the heads up on the limits. I shop at the Highland Plaza Publix in Cobb County. I purchased 6+ of several deals this weekend that were free or nearly free. I'll be sure to watch my counts from now on and just make two trips.

Traci said...

Good to know Kim- like I said it seems to not be consistent and I know Mike stopped at one store in North Fulton and they wouldn't accept the BBQ coupon because it's value was higher than the price of the sauce.