Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Baby Steps CVS!

If you're still confused about CVS and not sure where or how to start, here's a great deal and a way to get a product you probably need for free!

On sale this week is Gillette Men's Shampoo for $4.99.
In the 1/18 Proctor & Gamble insert is a coupon for $2/1.
This makes the shampoo $2.99 and you will receive an Extra Care Buck for $3.00.
Final price- Free

You can do this deal 5 times. If you have another coupon or several, you do another transaction either right then or later if you feel more comfortable and you pay with your $3.00 ECB. Now you are only paying tax which was about 12 cents when Mike did it today. You will receive another $3.00 ECB!

Yes, there is an initial upfront cost for the first one but now you've got 2 for $2.99+ tax. And you have $3.00 to use for another purchase or wait until next week to see what other great free products you can use this ECB on to get more ECBs! So technically you get 2 shampoos for about a quarter.

The only thing you might encounter is the coupon or ECB may beep. All the cashier has to do is adjust either to $2.99 which is common practice at CVS. If you get a cashier that refuses- just grab a piece of candy to get the total back up to over zero.

Try it this week and see how easy it is to roll ECBs at CVS!

No comments: