Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

HOT!! .15 cent Skippy and .37 cent Ragu at Walgreens

These are rock bottom great prices but it might take a little work.

Walgreens is running a promotion this week that if you buy 8 Unilever products you get $10 back in Register Rewards. I've not talked about Walgreens yet but their great savings usually comes from their rebate program- Easy Saver catalog. I will post Walgreens 101 this week. But they created Register Rewards to compete with the CVS Extra Care Bucks program. It's just like ECBs and it prints out on your receipt. Technically cash to use on your next trip. Just hang on to that receipt!!

Skippy Peanut Butter is on sale for $1.99 and there is a coupon in the 1/18 RP insert for .60 cents off with a final price of $1.39. Ragu is on sale for $1.99 and another coupon in 1/18 RP when you buy 2 that brings the final price to $1.62.

Great prices alone on both BUT if you had 4 coupons for the Ragu and you bought 8- your total would be $12.96. If you got $10 back in Register Rewards then you are paying $2.96 for 8 plus tax. Same thing on the peanut butter but you would need 8 coupons!

Here's my negative to this deal- it's Walgreens so how many of each item are they going to have on the shelves? I've asked CVS before to go into the stockroom and get more items but never tried it at Walgreens. So, that would be try it and not know how it's going to work out. There are stores that are great and others not so great. Just decide if it's "worth your mileage"- another term used in the coupon world.

If anyone in the Atlanta area wants to take advantage of this deal- email me and I can get you the extra coupons in time to work the deal.

No comments: