Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Sunday, January 11, 2009

What does $2.41 buy you at Kroger... a ton!

Up late- woke up and while I love my laptop upstairs... it can be the devil when I can't sleep.

Have to share our newest score at Kroger. We have a new Kroger near the house and it's great- we are getting Kroger mailers with tons of coupons, plus our new friend that delivers for the Atlanta Journal so we are getting 20+ inserts each week.

First of all- lesson at Kroger. If you need baby related items like diapers- Kroger has a Baby Club. You get 1 point for brand name and 2 points for Kroger brand baby items. We use their diapers with Mackenzie to get the baby points. We are starting the potty training process and you have no idea the celebration at my house when diapers totally go away! We are counting down the minutes. I seriously think Mike and I may get a hotel room and a night out when we can say there will never be a diaper in our house again.

Kroger will give you a $10 off next purchase when you reach 200 points. The irony- Mike keeps doing the Johnson & Johnson Buddy Bar deal at Kroger that is technically free but gave us over 100 points towards this goal. On this purchase- we did get the $10 off.

For $2.41 we got:
16 Powerade Zero
1 Acai power drink
A POM tea
2 lbs of bananas
1 Ready Pac Salad Mix
5lbs Yukon Gold Potatoes
1 pack of mushrooms
1 package of Pimento Cheese-

Our cashier went nuts- the total was just over $40 and the coupons hit- the bag guy who was great (I plan to compliment to Kroger) watched the screen and gave me a high five! Said we were unreal and never saw anything like it. Plus the guy behind us- first a little annoyed by the coupons and the hold up, stopped us in the parking lot and wanted to know how we did that.

Unreal- we saved $36.73, got 27 points towards our gas purchase and 7 points towards the next Baby Club system.

2 comments:

Prohomemaker.Com said...

Great visit! I did score one of the free Powerades. But Ralphs here (owned by Kriger) will only double the first coupon. Waah. I am *so* hoping one of the stores brings back double coupons again in which they double $1 ones. I can dream :-)

Traci said...

We may start seeing that here with Kroger. Mike only had the first double the other day. He caught it and Customer Service said there had not been a change but warned that the companies were going to start adding "Do Not Double" to their coupons so we needed to check them before we shop. There's been a lot of buzz on other sites about Kroger starting to do this.