Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Friday, November 7, 2008

88% saved at Kroger tonight

We did incredible tonight at Kroger! Saved 88% or $87.12. Our total went from $100.06 to $12.94!!! And we purchased 46 items.

What did we buy? Sounds crazy but the deals were just too good! We took advantage of the Mega Event where if you bought a total of 10 certain items (you could mix and match), you received $5 off. You could do this deal 3 times on your transaction for a total of 30 items and $15 off.

We also had some free item coupons sent to us from Kroger. A 12 pack of Coke, Nature Valley Granola Bars, Cherry Tomatoes and a can of Pillsbury Sweet Rolls.

So here's what we walked out of Kroger with for $12.94:
12 3L Deer Park Bottled Water (free after Mega Event plus coupons)
4 Powerades (free after Mega Event plus coupons)
4 Edward Pie Singles (.50 each after Mega Event and coupons)
2 Breyers Ice Cream (1.50 each after Mega Event and coupons)
4 Orville Mini Bag Popcorn (.70 each after Mega Event and coupons)
Pillsbury Sweet Rolls- Free thanks to Kroger
Kroger Biscuits ( .29 cents after a Kroger $1.00 coupon)
3 Colgate toothpaste (.25 cents after Mega Event and coupons)
4 Cottonelle 4 pack TP (Free after coupons)
Bananas 2.58lbs for $1.50
Kroger Romaine Hearts on clearance for $1.69
3 J&J Sudzy Bars (.09 each after coupons plus a new catalina to buy 3 more for .09 cents)
1 Nature Valley Almond Granola Bars- Free thanks for Kroger
1 Box of Cheerios ($1.00 after coupon)
2 Bic 4 packs of razors (.50 cents each after Mega Event and coupons)
1 Cherry Tomatoes- Free thanks to Kroger
12 pack of Coke- Free thanks to Kroger

So- the total was just over $100. We got the $15.oo off for the Mega Event and I had another great coupon from Kroger for $5 off $45 or more. After all my coupons- $12.94.

We saved $38.60 from Manufacturer's coupons, $3.60 in Bonus Coupon Savings, $44.92 in Store Coupon and Kroger Plus Savings for a grand total of $87.12 saved or 88%!!

And as a bonus- we accumulated 58 points towards our fuel savings at Kroger.

And the cutest was the cashier. She loved every minute of it! I handed her my coupons and she grinned, looked at the monitor and said "You're at $100- Let's go." I entered my Kroger Plus card- drops dramatically, she enters the coupons and she is just going crazy. So are the people behind us. Mike pays and she looks at him and says, "Your wife takes good care of your money! That is amazing!!"

My only gripe- Mike forgot a catalina for $3.00 off those J&J Buddies Soap! So, our total should have been under $10!! HAHA

I'm sharing because it can be done, anyone can do this and this is a great example of why you collect as many coupon inserts as you can! We're putting some of these items in the sale tomorrow so we'll see how fast we can make that $12.94 back in the morning!

1 comment:

Prohomemaker.Com said...

I *loved* the comment from the cashier -- honestly, a happy cashier who welcomes coupons makes it even all the more sweet. I truly bow in admiration. I don't know if Kroger is doubling $1 coupons. Ralphs in CA (Kroger owned) is only doubling *up* to $1. Would love to read a post on how to handle this when you have time.