Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Friday, November 14, 2008

Another Score at Kroger tonight! 63% Savings plus a wonderful dinner

My husband hit Kroger and did great once again! I love the fact that he's gotten into this as much as I have. We work as a team- I put the deals together, get the coupons ready and he shops on his way home from work. Keeps me out of the stores with a 2 and 5 year old! So we stick to our lists.

Our total was $29.25 and we saved $49.59 or 63%. Mike spent $13.39 on items not on the list for dinner tonight- yellowfin tuna, salmon and crawfish. He also bought the vanilla syrup I use to make the lattes I mentioned in an earlier post. So our list total should have been $15.86 or 80% savings. We bought 33 items.

Here's what we got from the list-
1 lb sweet onions
1 package mushrooms
5 Danactiv yogurt 4 packs
1 Land of Lakes butter
2 Hefty Freezer bags
2 Duracell AA 2pks
6 Quaker Quick Oats
2 Domino Sugar 2lb
8 cans of Carnation Evaporated Milk
J&J Kids Shampoo

Can you tell I'm stocking up for the Holidays? My daughter wants to bake oatmeal cookies for the neighbors and friends for Christmas. I'm looking for battery deals for Christmas morning and these 2 packs were .25 cents each!

Look at this bill in a different way. $29 sounds like a lot for us when we shop but my husband laughs at me that I think $29 is a lot! But, can you imagine how much it would have cost for the 4 of us to eat out and have seared tuna, salmon and crawfish in a restaurant? Lucky for us- we both know how to cook seafood. We got great deals and had a great dinner!

So for the week- just under $50 for groceries. We ate in every night this week and really well plus healthy. Stocking up for the holidays and getting ready for the dishes I want to bring to Thanksgiving and Christmas events.

No comments: