Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Easy, Cheap Fudge for the Holidays

I've never tried this recipe but I've heard rave reviews about it! You can make this recipe when items are on sale for under $4.00. This would make great gifts and a great dessert to take to Holiday parties!

Easy Fudge

(1) 8x8 pan
Wax paper for the pan
1/2 stick of butter
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
3 cups of chocolate chips (1 and 1/2 bags)

Melt the last three in the microwave for 1:30 minutes, stir, then another minute. Make sure you stir in the middle, don't burn it.
Pour into a wax paper lined pan. Use the wax paper-if you don't use the wax paper, you are really going to regret it! Even leave a bit up the sides.

Refrigerate for a couple of hours and then cut!

Variations:
  • Best "seller" is Butterscotch: simply by using 2 cups of chocolate chips and 1 cup of butterscotch chips.
  • Mini M&Ms are another good substitute.
  • You can use flavor extracts like mint or orange.
  • Cover the top with coconut.
  • Rocky Road: Substitute 1 cup of walnuts for one cup of chips+ 1/2 c chopped walnuts and 1 cup mini marshmallows, turned in after the mix is well blended and ready for the pan.
  • Extreme Peanut Butter Fudge: normal recipe - butter + 1/4 c. peanut butter.
Sounds super easy, frugal and sure to be a big hit! Enjoy!!

No comments: