Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Monday, November 17, 2008

Q&A- Using a drug store Free GC with Prescription at Kroger

Q: OK, this morning I clipped a Walgreens free $25.00 gift card for a prescription transfer. How can I use this at Kroger? I read one of your October post but I'm still a little uncertain. :) Thanks!!!

A: It's super easy! Take the coupon you clipped and your prescription to the Kroger pharmacy. Ask the pharmacist if they will match. They should say yes. I've never had a problem at our Kroger doing this and Kroger wants your pharmacy business! If for some reason they say no- go talk to Customer Service. I will go try to find documentation from Kroger that this is their policy tomorrow.

What they will do is download the $25.00 to your Kroger card. Once you scan it in at the register- the $25 will automatically come off your total.

And again- if you ran into any trouble and can't get the results you want- Publix will do the same. Either way- free money for groceries!

Tip: The last times we did this at Kroger and Publix- they didn't have the cream/medicine we needed. My husband prepaid and Kroger downloaded the amount on the savings card and Publix went ahead and gave him the gift card. We needed the prescription- it wasn't urgent but wanted the savings because we had a list from CouponMom ready to go.

Thanks for the question and super excited for you that you are doing so well on your shops! Let me know how else I can help!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! I will try the prescription transfer at Kroger or Publix. I shop both and they're only a mile apart from each other. I went to Publix again last night. My bill should have been $30 and after the savings and coupons I paid $12.00. When my husband came home, he was floored & impressed! This is wonderful.....thanks, again!!!

Kim said...

Great Idea. I never thought about seeing if Publix would match the RX transfer gift card. Sometimes I find it hard to spend the GCs for Walgreens and CVS.