Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Getting discounts through your local and national PTA

Speaking of PTA, many people don't realize that most PTA groups offer discounts for being a member. You can be a member without having children at the school. Ours is $6 and we have discounts to over 30 local businesses. Free appetizer at one and % off from the rest.

For example, I found a great new hairdresser through the Neighborhood Partners and she offers 25%!! off her services all the time. That is huge when you think about it! I got my hair done, bought products and saved over $30. I spent $6 for a membership and saved $24!

There are also discounts through the National PTA. You have to be a member to view them but there is a discount for a major insurance company and a cellular company. Their discount is up to 14% off each month, free activation fees, upgrades etc. Someone posted on a site I frequent that they will save over $150 a year on their mobile package. Again- a great return for a $6 investment in a school in your community.

Just contact your local school and ask for the contact information for the PTA. See if they offer Neighborhood Partners and discounts. Your membership will pay for itself the first time you use it! And you are supporting area businesses that are usually small business owners who obviously care that your local school and its students receive a top notch education. Plus your membership is tax deductible!!

No comments: