Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Coupons at the Doctor's Office.

I'm lucky that I don't go to the Dr. very often but a daughter with double ear infections warranted a visit today. The ear infections are being caused by allergies and I got 3 prescriptions that needed to be filled. Two were cheap but one was for Nasonex and on our insurance plan it's $25. I planned to use prescription transfer coupons to get the $25 back and I did end up with $75 in free groceries.

We had to wait around to make sure the shots she got didn't cause a reaction. I'm sitting in the waiting area and a nurse opened the sample closet and there were samples for everything under the sun and many had coupons on them! Including Nasonex and I got 2 samples with $10 instant coupons on each. Plus information to join a personalized savings program at Nasonex.com that will save me $15 on each refill.

So, I was able to get the medicine for $15.00, net $10 in groceries and a way to save on refills. I forget to ask for samples and now I also know to ask if there are any coupons or rebates. Never hurts to ask- all you are risking is being told no and you're possibly gaining money!

I just checked out the Nasonex.com website and it's $15 per refill so if you have someone in your family that uses Nasonex- check it out and print your coupon.

2 comments:

Newby said...

Which grocery stores are honoring 'transfer' coupons on NEW prescriptions? I have four prescriptions to fill, and I could use some free groceries. Who couldn't?! Please share your info. Is it Publix, Kroger, etc?

Traci said...

Kroger and Publix both will do it. Kroger puts it on your card- beware- they will take it off before coupons so don't use it on a small shop or ask the cashier not to use it. You can use the $25 then go to Customer Service and they will refund you the amount of your coupons. Just a hassle. Publix will give you a gift card. If you want the gift card and they won't have your medicine until later- prepay and you can get your card.