Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Trust the 12 week sale cycle!

It's late... working on a project but I just ran my list for Publix since it just came up for this week. Good deals and I'll post what I think is great shortly.

I laughed when I checked off Pop Tarts on the list this week just minutes ago. It's another example of why to stock up when the deals are great and why the 12 week sale cycle works. Even I get nervous when I start running out of something and this week was no different.

We ran out of PopTarts 3 days ago and my child has asked for Pop Tarts every morning and even for snack since. I was thinking about doing a coupon search on CouponMom to buy a box or two waiting for the sales to hit. Mackenzie asked today about Pop Tarts and I said this morning- let Mom wait for the sale that is about to hit. We stocked up just about 3 months ago.

Publix has Pop Tarts BOGO and with the coupon on 4/5RP, the final price comes to .70 cents or 71% off! I will be able to stock back up and I know how many to get to wait the next sales cycle out.

I can't preach it enough and I know anyone just starting to do coupons finds it overwhelming to believe in the 12 week sale cycle. Get extra inserts, hit the rock bottom prices and stock up! Again- I get worried when I find myself running low... the sales cycle will hit when it should. I've been doing this for years, Coupon Mom got to be on Oprah because of the system and her methods... Trust in the System and you will save a ton!

4 comments:

Prohomemaker.Com said...

That's too funny -- 'cause just tonight at dinner, we had *just* enough ketchup, and I said, "It's about to hit the special again."

You are *so* right!

And I did great at Walgreens today ($20 in products for 81 cents), and once again, pointed out your great post and pimped you out.

You're the best!

:-)

The Leonards said...

Great to find another post from someone who actually lives in Georgia!

Kim said...

I couldn't agree more! Some people think I'm crazy to buy so much at one time. By the way, I'm in metro Atlanta!!!

Traci said...

I'm in East Cherokee just inside the Cherokee County line outside of Milton. Where are you?