Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Getting your Significant Other excited about coupons!

I didn't have the opportunity to finish with a couple of points I had left last night but I think they are important so I wanted to share on the blog.

1. Again, thank you for attending!
2. Don't feel overwhelmed- take baby steps and take the processes in at a slow pace. I have readers and friends that went from using 1-2 coupons a week to saving 60% in just a few weeks. And I have readers that all they do is the use the CouponMOM coupon database to just search for items they need and don't mess with the lists at first or at all. And they saved $30+ on their next grocery shop! Very few people master all the tricks of the trade right out of the gate. Try a trick or two, when you feel comfortable with those- add a couple more and create your own system that works for you.
3. I was inspired by all the couples at the seminar. My husband is definitely on board with helping with the lists, grocery stores and drugstores. Your significant other will join the fun with you when they see how much more you are buying each week and how little you are spending. And encourage your SO to help out- like I said last night, with 2 small kids- you can't go to the store and stick to your list without feeling like pulling your hair out! Even if it's just to watch the kids or be at home after they go to bed so you can go to the store with a clear head, organized and lists+ coupons ready to go. And I know your husband will be so excited about all the different types of foods you are bringing home for your family to try!

And remember- I'm here to help. I highlight the deals that I like and where to find the coupons. Email me and let me know how I can help you get started in the game!

1 comment:

The Leonards said...

"And I know your husband will be so excited about all the different types of foods you are bringing home for your family to try!"

Thanks for that! Thats why I love coupons. I just turned 26 in March, started clipping this year and I must say it feels good to have different things for dinner we would not normally buy. A $40 a week budget without coupons did not go a long way for a household of 2.