Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Thursday, April 9, 2009

My new favorite store!!

We are on Spring Break and we took a mini trip to Ruby Falls and the Huntsville Space Museum. On the way from Chattanooga to Huntsville... I saw the billboard for Unclaimed Baggage. I was on Cloud Nine because I knew exactly what it was.

Unclaimed Baggage is located in Scottsboro, AL and been in business since 1970. What is it? This store buys all the stuff that people leave and never claim from airports all over the country. They then sell at high discount prices! This place is so big that they have 2 buildings and you can only imagine what they sell. Jewelry, clothes, luggage of course, books, toys, electronics, DVDs etc. etc.

It really is eye opening what people leave at the airport. High end watches, engagement rings, there was a kayak, sporting goods, Boise headphones, video games, IPODs and on and on. And then crazy stuff like souvenirs, vitamins, make up etc. It was cool and bizarre at the same time. There were even large flat screens- not sure how that happened or if they also buy from closeouts. I find it funny that someone would leave a 52 flat screen TV at the airport and not realize it!

You might think it sounds gross but everything was clean and in good or even brand new shape. There were probably 50+ brand new high end designer purses including Coach and Michael Kors. You still need to know your prices but the prices were great! Prices are based on the condition of the item.

I didn't get to look as much as I wanted- we had another family with us and I didn't want to ask them to stick around too long. However, I will be going back soon!

My score- a Maclaren Volo umbrella stroller in almost brand new condition. It retails for $135 and I got it for....$10!!!! It had Disney stickers all over it and it honestly looks like someone used it at Disney for a week then left it. The stickers were the in park stickers passsed out so that's why I have that theory. I used alcohol and got rid of all the stickers in no time. It's missing the rain shield but I checked online with the company and I can get a replacement for $30. We are 99% out of the stroller stage and selling our Sit and Stroll but I worried about having nothing. This is a bigger umbrella stroller that my oldest can sit it and still easy to push her. We like it also because we are tall and felt like we always had to bend over to push a normal umbrella stroller.

Check out their website: www.unclaimedbaggage.com

No comments: