Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

PART TWO: I've got my list... what now?

You've gone to www.couponmom.com and printed out your list. You are super excited about the savings and items on sale this week but what now?

I'm sure people wonder how I store 6-10 copies of the coupon inserts each week and keep the couple of months all in one place? I have a Rubbermaid bin that's about the size of a standard size file cabinet drawer but not that deep. It's easy to carry around and while it gets heavy with all those inserts- it is definitely manageable. I keep the inserts in order with the most current dates on top.

Once I have my list- one great thing about CM is your list will be printed in order of the coupon dates with the newest date at the bottom of the list. Makes going through the inserts super easy. I just work from the bottom of my list and after I get the coupons from an insert I just lay it to the side upside down. I just stack the inserts that way on top of one another so when I'm finished I can just lay them right side up in the bin and I'm still in order.

Once I get my coupons then I update my list, crossing out any items I didn't have a coupon for or decided not to get. I also update my quantity column for each item since I'm stockpiling and buying multiples. When I am finished, I paper clip the coupons to the top of the list and fold in half. I add any items I need to purchase on the bottom and if I have a coupon- the final price.

Because your list is updated with quantities- you will not be flipping through coupons in the grocery aisles. Just follow your list, head up to checkout and when your total is on the screen, hand the cashier your coupons and watch the total fall!

Sounds overwhelming? Maybe the first couple of times you do this. But once it becomes a process for you- it's easy and with all 5 lists- it only takes about an hour to get everything ready from going out to CM, printing the lists and retrieving the coupons. That hour is worth it when you are saving 60%+ each week!

No comments: