Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Using competitor's Prescription Gift Card Coupons at grocery stores

A lot of people don't realize that you can cash in these coupons at Kroger and Publix!

I'm talking about the $25-$30 coupons in the drug stores' sale circulars and mail outs for a new or transferred prescription. So when you come across one, save it... especially with flu and cold season right around the corner. Just keep the expiration of the coupon in mind.

Kroger will download the amount to your Kroger Card and Publix will give you a gift card. This is a great way to save even more on your weekly groceries when you combine this "free" money with coupons!!

And, you can transfer refills around to use the coupons. Just keep track of where you've used it and keep in mind that if even if this is a "new" prescription on a medication that you've had filled before, it won't count.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of Prescription Gift Cards. We rarely get prescriptions so I am not sure if this would apply to me. How do you get them?

Holly said...

That was my question too. I am loving this blog...and all of the preschool is reading here now!

Prohomemaker.Com said...

I had transferred three prescriptions so many times (I think because it had been 6 months) that Rite Aid gave me three $25 cards again. Hey, it was worth a shot -- and worked!