Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Friday, October 24, 2008

Saving on Holiday Baking and Cooking Items

Pay attention to the sales the next couple of weeks. I typically find that as we get closer to Thanksgiving and then through Christmas, the sales on items like butter, eggs, flour, chicken broth etc. slow down. I try to stock up now when I see something like butter on sale.

It's never a bad idea to start planning what you'd like to bake and cook for the holidays now. Planning your holidays out before things get super busy keeps you on track, on budget and eliminates holiday stress. I've experienced some seasons where I had all these "grand" plans to bake and try some different recipes but once the whirlwind starts- I ran out of time.

Keep in mind things like appetizers and desserts you may need to take to a party or function. Look for items you would need now on the grocery and even drugstore lists now to stock up. For example, there are always great deals on brownie mixes. I can get them as low as .19-.35 cents with a coupon. Usually Betty Crocker but Publix does deals on Ghirardelli mixes all the time. Tomorrow I will post how I "dress up" simple brownies that is a huge hit wherever I take them.

No comments: