Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Sunday, March 15, 2009

The 1st Official "Rant" from SCB

It's very late here in Atlanta but I couldn't sleep after reading a post thread on a site I checked out before going to bed tonight.

I posted on the site and on Facebook that the Cottonelle 4 pack coupon refreshed this time last week and you can get toilet paper for free using these coupons at Kroger or their family stores.

I printed my ONE allowed coupon and Mike added to our Kroger list last week. He stopped at a couple of stores this past week and commented that the Cottonelle 4 packs were gone. We first thought maybe it was a stocking issue but I got the final answer tonight.

GASP/SOB/Madder than a hornet... there will no longer be free TP at Kroger.

First of all- I'm very confused at the reasoning after reading some comments from a Kimberly Clarke employee on this thread. She claims that KC is losing money on the coupon and the price at Kroger. Kroger priced the TP 4 pack at .99 cents and they chose to double the .50 cent coupon. Kroger only gets the face value plus 8 cents so I'm confused where she claims KC's demise is from the 4 pack Cottonelle. It is now gone and they have an Angel Soft 4 pack for $1.29.

I'm sorry but the Cottonelle 4 pack isn't "premium" TP. It isn't sandpaper but it's not quilted and not double rolls. But I've appreciated the freebie and in return... I try to make other deals on Kimberly Clarke products. I've bought Huggies over Pampers when I can get good deals because I appreciate the deals they offer.

I've only done the deal a couple of times when I get coupons for the freebie... my 2nd Rant will follow in minutes.

I also saw a comment that Kroger was "eating" the difference... I'm sure they are but I have never walked in a Kroger and only bought TP using this coupon. And as much as we are in Krogers each week looking for deals... we see plenty of people buying the same 4 pack at .99 cents with no coupon.

I'm just mad at different levels and I can certainly pay for TP. Read my next post and you will understand while I'm so hot.

Unfortunately, there is now no free TP!

1 comment:

Loran said...

We had to buy the Angel Soft last week, but couldn't print off coupons from the link you posted. Guess this was why. Thanks for trying anyway! Maybe this is why a lot of coupon "experts" like to keep their info to themselves, but I appreciate you posting it - I barely have time to grocery shop, much less look for good deals, so between couponmom and your blog, I can save about $20 a week and it really does make a difference.