Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Coupon 101: Never hurts to ask, ask, ask!

I read a post on a saving site that I checkout everyday. I read a great story that reminded me that during this "interesting" time in our economy- never forget to ask if you can get creative to save money.

Long story short but this poster was doing a movie party at AMC. Taking advantage of their AM Cinema program- you can get discounted tickets for seeing a movie on Friday, Saturday or Sunday before noon. The only time available for the movie- Monsters vs. Aliens was IMAX at 11am. Price for IMAX before noon is $11 each ticket.

She remembered that Costco sells the 2 Gold Pass AMC tickets for $15.99. She called her theater and they will accept the Costco bundle for IMAX.

I've never bought these bundles at Costco but inside her bundles were Free Large Drink coupons. She didn't want the kids to drink soda so she called the theater again and they were willing to exchange the soda coupons for popcorn. The coupons had an expiration date but this AMC theater said that these coupons do not expire. She came home, did a google search for AMC coupons and found a .pdf coupon for a free large popcorn with the purchase of any IMAX ticket. She verified with the theater that it was legit and it was. She also signed up for the AMC customer points card twice for her husband and herself.

By asking and doing a little bit of homework on her own- she took what would have been a $284 party and paid $104! She supplemented the party with candy on sale and waters for the kids that she got on sale. She also has points and coupons to use on future date nights.

I was impressed and that's why I wanted to share. People want your business and let's face it- going to see a movie is a luxury these days. Don't let your pride get in the way and not ask how to make an event or even just a family movie night better.

NOTE: I don't know where this person is and of course- I'm sure the policies can vary by theater. Check with your local theater and find out what they are willing to do.


1 comment:

Prohomemaker.Com said...

Now *that* is good combining!!