Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Coupon 101: Two ways to save money

I was talking this afternoon during Daisy Scouts with my great friends, Pam and Jennifer. Our families are doing okay (knocking on wood) during this trying time but sharing stories about people we know who have lost jobs and discussing the upcoming budget cuts in our school system are just downright depressing. Every time I hear more doom and gloom, it makes me want to try to figure out where else I can save and cut back just in case.

Here are 2 areas that I have found to make a huge difference lately:

1. I've unplugged everything that we don't use regularly. The coffee pot, the Kitchen Aid mixer, lamps in rooms we don't frequent etc. etc. Anything plugged in still pulls electricity. I saw a woman on Oprah that really cut her electric bill by a ton but she literally unplugs everything in her house. I did it this past month and my bill did cut by about $40 only unplugging things upstairs.

2. School lunches. Our lunch is $1.75 a day. Do you realize how many lunches you can make each week with all the deals each week? We let our oldest choose a couple of times a month or once a week what school lunch she would like to buy but the rest- she is brown bagging it. Not really- in a nice Pottery Barn Kids lunch box that I got at the outlet. LOL I know it's easy to pay online and not worry about preparing a lunch each night but the savings really adds up. Plus you know what your child is eating. Mine eats a better lunch when I make it and eats a good dinner to boot! We get great deals including the Manager's Specials at Kroger each week so she has great lunches for next to nothing.

Just always look for ways to save. Things are so crazy right now that none of us don't know that our current status can be turned upside down in a heartbeat!

1 comment:

Prohomemaker.Com said...

I already turn most everything off with a green light on, so next is the ones that are plugged in and not glowing. Great tip! (And I pimped you again tonight) :-)