Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Friday, March 27, 2009

Coupon 101: Free crackers taste better!

I've talked before about teaching your child now how to save money and live responsible. I have a cute story to share.

Madi got home from school and we were enjoying a snack with Mackenzie of Wheat Thins and Sargento cheese. Mackenzie is 2 1/2 and said, "Daddy bought these with a coupon!" Madi says, "Yeah, he did Mac- Mom, what did you pay for these?" I said "Free." She laughed and said, "Free crackers taste better than ones you pay for!" I got tickled and then she asked how much we paid for the cheese. I said .65 cents and she asked if that was for the entire package or the slices we were using. When she understood, she sat there thinking then said, "Our snack cost like less than a dime!"

Even a toddler will pay attention to what you are doing. And my girls seem to appreciate it already! And you will never get tired of your children thinking you are a Super Mom!

1 comment:

Prohomemaker.Com said...

Too cute.

Man, I need a sale on mayo -- we are *out* It and olive oil, but this week looks pretty sucky for specials. May just have to do without for a week -- no big deal.

:-)