Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Monday, March 23, 2009

Maximizing the Penny Items at Publix

I know Publix is regional so just skip this post if you don't have Publix. I hate it for you because the penny item each week is great and the BOGO deals with coupons rock!

In case you don't know- Publix on Sunday and Monday offer a "Mystery Penny Item." If you spend $10 then you qualify for the penny item. You used to have to bring in the coupon to receive it but not anymore. It's suppose to be a surprise but great people on the Web have tracked the penny item since 2006 and the item each week repeats about 90% of the time.

What you may not realize is you can break your shop up at Publix and get more than one penny item. It takes a couple of shops but if you go by more than one Publix or you don't mind just putting your shop in the car and going back in- you can take advantage of the great products they offer each week. And be prepared- sometimes it is different than what you are expecting. And they seem to only offer so many of an item then change it. Some weeks are better than others so just decide if it's worth your time and effort to do multiple shops. It is also usually the Publix brand.

Here's the "rumored" penny items for the next couple of weeks: (it appears it's a week ahead so just see what your store is doing)
3/29- Supposed to be paper towels but most people reported Paper Towels this week
4/5- Bread
4/12- Toilet Paper
4/19- Water
4/26- 1/2 gallon Publix Iced Tea
5/3- Potato Chips
5/10- Glass Cleaner
5/17- Pasta Sauce
5/24- Mac and Cheese
5/31- American cheese slices

No comments: