Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Monday, February 9, 2009

My Little Couponer!

My oldest got off the bus and was chatting away about her great lunch I made her and how full she was. She then says, "I think X's mom does coupons too because we had the exact same Fruit Roll Up in our lunches today!" Then she goes on to say "Does X's mom know about your blog because if she doesn't, I will tell X all about it tomorrow!"

X's mom is a reader and she knows who she is! She was already doing great at Publix before we started talking about it a few months ago. I just get nervous using a child's name online- I've seen those commercials about how anyone can see what you are posting on the Internet.

We both obviously scored on the Publix Fruit Roll-Up deal last week.

I think this is a cute story but like I've said before- children pay attention. Obviously, they don't understand the financial blessing to couponing but they certainly appreciate the benefits of having a full pantry and lots of choices for lunch, snacks and meals.

When we got home and I asked what the girls wanted for a snack- my oldest went to the pantry and started looking around. She said, "I know we have popcorn but where in the world do I find it? How much food do you have in here???"

Made me laugh and smile but I just had another thought. How crazy is it that I have adult critics very close/related to me but my child who is about to be 6 TOTALLY gets it? I don't care anymore because I feel like a great mom when my child loves all her choices each day for lunch, school snack and after school snack. And I'm saving a ton!!

3 comments:

The Coupon Diva said...

Hi Traci,

Love your blog. I have a blog about coupons as well. Hope you will check it out.

Aimee
The Coupon Diva
http://www.thecoupondiva.com
Atlanta,GA

Kim said...

Great story. I get a little frustrated that everyone isn't out there looking for the best deal available. They don't have time, it's too much trouble. The way I look at it, I can either get a part time job to make ends meet or clip a few coupons!

Traci said...

Thanks Aimee!
I've been to your blog before. Love yours too!

And Kim- I see saving money and stretching my husband's paycheck so we can do what we want is my job!