Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Friday, February 13, 2009

Time to start planning for Valentine's Day 2010

Tomorrow is the most romantic day of the year according to the card/candy/flower companies but the next few days and even couple of weeks starting on the 15th is even more exciting for a couponer/money saver!

Why? Valentine's Day stuff goes on CLEARANCE!!

This is my favorite part to any holiday. Stores order too much, the trinkets are the same year after year so why not buy ahead for next year at rock bottom prices? Your kids' Valentine cards don't change too much except who or what movie/character is hot next year but you can get "safe" cards for next to nothing. Certain candy has a very long shelf life like sweet tarts and even some chocolates can be held for over a year.

You know you will need trinkets for your child's classroom next year. And even when your child next year has to have the latest hottest character Valentine's- you paid pennies for them so no loss. I had some from last year and my 2 year old loved playing with them this year.

I don't normally do the chocolate clearances but I have an anti-chocolate household. Sounds weird but my husband is allergic and the girls don't beg for chocolate.

I just keep trolling the stores- I'm in there working the deals and just pay attention to the clearance. If there are things you really want- don't wait to see how far they will mark things down. Most stores start at 50% and will gradually get to 90% off. You have to decide your comfort level and what price items are clearanced to that you are willing to purchase for next year.

It's fun to pack a box of your clearance finds, forget about them the rest of the year and then realize how thrifty you are when Valentine's Day comes back around!

2 comments:

Holly said...

This is exactly how I got the Valentine's cards for Alexis and Ana. I got them last year on clearance for $.69 a box or something close to that. It was very cheap, but were a big hit for this year.

New2Qs said...

Target stores in metro-Atlanta are 75% off today! I bought a pack of Valentine cards for my kindergarten class (class of 09-10) for $.25. Hooray!