Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Saturday, February 7, 2009

You might be a couponer... A Fun Weekend Post

I get so excited when I hear about others getting excited about saving money.
So, I'm in a great mood and thought a funny post was in order.

You might be a couponer if...

1. You squeeze every drop of toothpaste out of the tube even though it was free and there are 12 tubes in your stockpile.

2. The shampoo bottle is upside down like #1 when you have several brand new bottles in the bathroom.

3. You about wet your pants when you get free toilet paper at Kroger. (Thanks Katrina and Jerry for this one!) :)

4. You are the highest contributor of Box Tops in your child's classroom.

5. You walk through your bathroom constantly hearing the mist from a Lysol NeutraAir going off. And you don't like the smell but hey...It was free!

6. Your neighbors call and ask for BBQ sauce.

7. Your kids ask if they will be taking J&J Buddy Soap Bars to college.

8. You sneak out at night to steal your neighbors' Buyers Edge that has extra inserts. (I take the ones that fall in the street- my neighbors email and ask when I'm going to get it out of their driveway!)

9. You stay up Saturday night and you are logging on to CouponMom.com at 12:01 am.

10. You try to keep a "cool" face when the total drops 80% when you really want to do a Happy Dance!

11. You blame your wife when people look at you when you buy 10 boxes of Kotex.

12. You smile when someone behind you in line mutters "She's one of THOSE people."

13. After #12- you are no longer startled when someone yells at you in the parking lot and exclaims "How did you just do that?"

14. Your stomach hurts when your total is $36 and the cashier thinks you did great!

15. You laugh when the guy behind you at Walmart yells to the cashier to call security because you are "stealing" from Walmart. I believe it's the other way around at Walmart!

16. Your heart smiles when your child ask if you will buy a product on TV "when you have a coupon for it Mommy!"

17. You aren't afraid to buy the KY Jelly Yours+Mine because you really want the $10 ECB that comes on your receipt!

18. Your 2 year old shows you her purse and the post it notes inside and claims they are coupons.

We are sitting here laughing as I write this. Most are true stories and I'm not as crazy as I sound. I did finally turn the Lysol thingy off and I don't steal inserts- the neighbors think my house is a grocery store and know who to call when they run out of something!

I was trying to be funny but I just had another thought. Doing this is fun and serving so many purposes at the same time. I love Mike that he gets into this and we have fun as a couple working the deals. And yes- we've run into our fair share of critics. Mike was asked today if he ever gets embarrassed having a strange shopping cart full of groceries. My answer? We are the only ones responsible for our family, home and household. Did I maybe waste a couple of minutes of time from the guy in line behind me? Sure! But if times got tough- could I ask this guy to pay my bills?

4 comments:

Holly said...

#4 Guilty on this one! Oh well..someone has to be the one to contribute the most right?

Prohomemaker.Com said...

I LOL on your neighbors calling and asking for BBQ sauce -- I still have two bottles in the pnatry.

Anonymous said...

I was #12 just a couple weeks ago!

Lissa said...

This is awesome...guilty of all of the above! I love it!

Lissa @ SavingYourCents