Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Monday, February 16, 2009

Rollin' at CVS

We've done really good at CVS this week. Some items are hard to find but we learned today that the truck that stocks the CVS locations around us comes in tonight. Ask that next time you are there and having trouble finding products. It also never hurts to ask if they have an item in the stockrooom.

Bought:
1 Colgate Total Advantage toothpaste
6 Herbal Essences shampoos and conditioners

Using (1) $1/1 coupon, (3) $3/2 coupons and a $10 ECB
Final Price=$1.59
Saved= $31.19
Received $5 ECB

Second Transaction:

Bought:
3 Suave Men's Body Wash
1 Colgate Total Advantage Toothpaste

Used a $1/1 coupon, a $1/1 coupon and the $5 ECB
Final Price= $1.73
Saved= $10.77
Received $8.99 ECB

Total Out of Pocket: $3.32
Total Saved: $41.96
And I've got an 8.99 ECB to use on the next deal!

Don't worry about your cashier- mine exclaimed I really knew how to shop and I needed to teach him how to do it!

If you want to know the scenarios we come up with week to keep the OOP to a minimum- let me know and I will share!

5 comments:

New2Qs said...

Hi Traci - I bought the 3 men's Suave body wash this morning. I used a $1.50/3 coupon, but I didn't receive the ECB. What did I do wrong?

Traci said...

I have no idea! Did they scan your key tag or CVS card? Get your receipt and call customer service and tell them what happened. They can verify your purchase and they should correct. You did exactly right to receive the ECB. Your other option is to go to the store and speak with a manager. Often times they will just give you $2.

New2Qs said...

Thanks! I will call. The only thing I thought about was that I received several ECB on that receipt - one for Colgate, one for Herbal Essence, and one for the Venus razor. Is there a limit to the number of ECB you can receive? I did make a big goof when I purchased the razor. I used a $2.00 off coupon, but I also purchased the Gillette Fusion razor (using the $4.00 coupon) thinking I could get 2 $4.00 ECB - one for each razor. WRONG! I didn't realize it was restricted to one ECB per card. Now, I've used my coupons. So, if I return one of the razors, I've lost my coupon savings. Lesson learned!!!

Traci said...

There's no limit to how many different ECB deals you can do. If you returned the extra razor- you have lost the coupon but they'll just refund the amount of the razor. I'm just sayin'.... :)

Traci said...

And to clarify what I meant- they still get the coupon value plus the 8 cents from the manufacturer so you aren't doing anything wrong returning it.