Savings with Style!

Start Saving with Style with Southern Coupon Belle! I'm now COUPONING IN CoMo!
What happens when a Coupon Expert in one region of the USA moves to another area of the country? I have started over learning new stores, coupon policies and building a reasonable stock pile and savings routine from scratch since October 1, 2011. I was an expert in Atlanta and the South but now happily reside in Columbia, Missouri!

I've searched other blogs and sites but I can't find someone else in my shoes so hopefully reading how I started over can help you! Whether you are a seasoned couponer in a new area OR a beginner- I know I can help walk you through what to do and help you start saving big! Starting over has made me realize how newbies to coupons feel and made me walk a grocery store aisle or two in a beginner's shoes again! Email me at southerncouponbelle@gmail.com and let me know how I can help! Thanks for reading and taking this journey with me!

Saturday, February 7, 2009

What do I do with ALL THIS STUFF???

If you've been reading and working the deals each week- you are probably noticing that your stockpile is starting to take over! It's important to stay organized so you know what you have, how much and what you need to purchase next.

Here are a couple of tips to keep your pantry, bathroom, linen closets etc. neat!

1. How high is the ceiling in your pantry? I have a closet pantry with a 9 foot ceiling. Plenty of room to add an extra shelf or two. Mike added an extra shelf and I bought wire "risers" to set in the floor of the pantry. I keep extras of cake mixes, brownie mixes and other items on the top shelf with a couple within reach. I keep cleaners, paper towels and things like juice on the risers on the floor. Don't put anything edible directly on the floor. You could also put a lower shelf in.

2. Pay attention to expiration dates. Almost everything today has a long shelf life but when you buy in quantities- take a second to see when something is expiring. I noticed one time that a product I just bought was expiring in a couple of days. I took it back to Publix and they immediately sent someone to go through and pull the items with the same expiration date. Same thing in the frig- keep yogurts and other items with the closest expiration in the front.

3. Get creative- there's a lot of wasted space under the sinks in your bathrooms. The girls have 1 cabinet that I could easily combine the towels under one sink and use that space for health and beauty items. I have an armoire in the bathroom which gives me tons of space in the top area for shampoos, deodorants etc. and then 4 drawers to store razors, soap, makeup etc.

4. I don't recommend storing food items like the cake mixes in basements or garages. Critters can easily get into anything packaged in cardboard and even pouches. If you need to utilize that space- store these types of items in rubbermaid bins.

5. You have to get in the mindset that you will be constantly re-organizing when you bring home each week bags and bags of groceries in. But, if you keep your pantry and other storage areas neat- it's a quick and easy process.

6. I've read that some people keep H&B items in bins under beds.

Get creative and I guarantee you can find space. The irony?? You'll be organizing your home even more than you might think it already is!

No comments: